51st Annual GRAMMY Awards nominee for Best Hawaiian Music Album!
The 4th recording of “live”, on-stage performances, selected from the Fifth year of the Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Concerts on the island of Maui.
This CD features master guitarists: Dennis Kamakahi, Owana Salazar, Sonny Lim, Keoki Kahumoku, Daniel Ho and George Kahumoku Jr.
With special guests: Richard Hoopii, Bobby Ingano, Herb Ohta Jr., Norton Buffalo, and Derrick Mau. Also featured are the young next generation nephews -Peter DeAquino and Sterling Seaton.
Every track is a live recording from the weekly performances. If you’re a fan of Hawaiian slack key guitar, and especially if you’ve attended one of the weekly live concerts, this is a “must” keepsake. If you haven’t attended any of the performances, here’s your opportunity to hear what you’ve been missing!
1. Hawaiian War Chant (vocal), George Kahumoku Jr. and Norton Buffalo (3:27)
2. Wahine ‘Ilikea (vocal), Dennis Kamakahi (2:58)
3. Hi’ilawe (vocal), Owana Salazar (3:48)
4. Na Ali’i Puolani (vocal), Sonny Lim, Keoki Kahumoku, Peter deAquino, Sterling Seaton (4:32)
5. Moana Chimes (instrumental), Bobby Ingano w/Derrick Mau (2:48)
6. Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai (vocal), George Kahumoku Jr. (2:00)
7. Lahainaluna (vocal), Keoki Kahumoku w/Herb Ohta Jr (3:37)
8. I Ali’i No ‘Oe (vocal), Richard Ho`opi`i (2:06)
9. Maunakea (vocal), Dennis Kamakahi (4:52)
10. Pomaika’i (instrumental), Daniel Ho (1:19)
11. La Canción de los Paniolos (instrumental), Sterling Seaton, Peter deAquino, Bobby Ingano and George Kahumoku Jr.(2:38)